1. Make your eye makeup last longer by setting your eyeliner with a matching eyeshadow.
Line your eyes with a pencil liner and then lightly put shadow to make your eyeliner stay in place.
2. Use a pencil liner as a guide for tricky liquid liners.
First use pencil liner on your eyes and then work a liquid liner on it.
3. Make a less pigmented eyeshadow more vibrant by covering your eyelid with a white eyeliner first.
This will create an even base for the shadow by cancelling the color of the skin and making the color pop.
4. Create your own custom eyeliner with a wet liner brush and eyeshadow.
The wet brush will create a sharper look and darker the pigments.
5. If you have monolids, use a gel or liquid liner and draw a thick arch to create the perfect line.
Draw a thicker liner on lash line if your lids hide your liner.
6. Use white eyeliner as a brow highlighter for an instant eye lift.
Draw an outline around the brows with a white liner and smudge it out to define your brows with a sponge brush.
7. Make your own gel liner by warming the tip of a kohl liner with a lighter.
Hold the pencil liner on flame for few seconds so that it works as gel based liner.
8. If getting a perfect line is too challenging, draw a rough line first, and then sharpen it with a cotton swab and petroleum jelly.
Sometimes it is better to erase your mistakes then avoiding them.
9. For a really natural look, tightline your liner by applying it in between the lashes instead of across the top of the lash line.
Fill your lashes from inside so that they look filled up and doesnt look made up.
10. Simplify drawing a straight line by lining your eyes with dots first, and then connecting them.
Make sure the dots are of same size and same line.
11. Create an eye-opening ombré effect by fading a lighter color into a darker eyeliner.
Blend both the colors to give an ombre effect to the eyes.
12. Use the edges and curves of a spoon to master the perfect cat-eye shape.
Use a spoon to get a perfect cat eye shape.
13. If your eyeliner is crumbly, freeze it for 10 minutes before lining your eyes.
Freeze the eyeliner to help it regain its shape.
14. Fix smudges with a skin-colored eyeliner.
To fix the smudges use a skin colored eyeliner instead of removing it and starting over.
15. Use the edge of a business card to get the perfect flick.
Use the edge of business card if free hand is difficult.
16. Line your waterline with white liner to make your eyes appear bigger.
Line your eyes with a white liner to give a brighter and bold look.
17. Add glitter liner to instantly transform your look from day to night.
If you want to avoid eyeshadow, just add glitter for a night make up look.
18. Get the perfect smoky eye by drawing a hashtag on the outer corner of your eyelid and smudging it out with the sponge.
Draw hashtags and blend it to give smokey look.
19. For a more precise angle of your winged liner, draw the flick toward your eye instead of away from it.
Draw the liner backward direction to make it easier.
20. Use mascara as eyeliner with a liner brush.
Use the mascara wand as a eyeliner brush.
21. Use brown instead of black for a more universally flattering look.
Brown liner works for every eye and is lesser harsh then black.
22. Use clear tape as a no-fail cat-eye guide.
Place a tape according to the lower lash line to create a perfect wings.