Proper hygiene is a prominent part of our life but some of us do not consider feet cleansing as the part of the proper hygiene. Feet are that part of our body which faces most harsh condition like excess dirt, yellow toenails due to dirt and dermatitis. People go for pedicure for proper care of their feet but pedicure is pretty expensive thing and that is why it seems impossible to take proper care of the feet on regular basis. Here is a method through which you can take proper care of your feet without wasting tons of money on it.
Things you will need:
- a basin/ tub
- warm water
- a soap
- a scrub
- First of all take a basin or a tub and fill it with warm water. The temperature of the water should not be too cold or too hot. It should be of the desired temperature as hot water can cause severe burn to your feet.
- After pouring the warm water in the tub/ basin. Now soak your feet in the warm water for 4- 5 minutes. Soaking feet in warm water can help in loosening the dead skin cells and helps in easy removal of the dead skin cells.
- Use a mild soap on your feet and lather up your feet. One must avoid harsh soap on your feet as it can make your feet dry and can result in cracked heels. After lathering up use scrub on your feet and take a sponge to remove the dirt properly and rub it gently for few seconds.
- Do this process carefully and pay attention on arch of your heels and between toes. Use clean water in tub and rinse your feet and hands properly so that you remove all the dirt particles and dead skin cells.
- After washing your feet use a towel to pat dry your feet and hands especially the areas between the toes and under the toenails as moisture can cause allergies as moisture in between toes can give birth to several bacteria’s.
- Now use moisturizer to keep your feet moisturized but the moisturizer should not be applied on the area between the toes and under the toe nails. This is a additional advise to trim your nails weekly.
- While trimming your nails is aware enough not to cut your cuticles as cutting cuticles will cause infection in your toenail area.